Friday, November 24, 2006

Bubbling over with boiling water

So, our SHITTY water ban is still in effect. Which sucks if you don't have a dishwasher. I don't have a dishwasher and so I am currently waiting for my 6th kettle of water to finish boiling, then cool off enough so that I can pour it all over dishes so that I can soap them up so that I can rinse them off again with said boiled water.

Makes me think what it would be like to live in a place where the water was like this all the time.

And to boot? They aren't even my dishes! I have my own stack at home, but I am so freaking manically depressed right now that I can't even bear to be in my own home. I hate it. I really do just simply hate it. So I am currently spending the time washing the Audiophiles dishes because I really do believe that if I do something nice for someone I MAY feel a bit better. I don't even want to really go outside and deal with the public. The thought of it makes me ill.

I guess that has a lot to do with the fact that I am currently working in an environment were I am constantly in contact with other people trying to appease them in all sorts of ways. Now don't get me wrong. I think my job is great. But right now, for some reason its really just getting to me as to how much I just don't want to be part of my civilization. I suppose its because we're gearing up for Christmas and quite frankly, I hate Christmas.

Oh, I love getting together with family and enjoying a visit and a nice meal and all that, but I don't think that is what Christmas is all about. I see Christmas as - Ugh I don't know, just thinking about it makes me tired.

Eh, whatever. I probably feel this way because I force myself to be high energy all day for 5 days in a row for about 10 hours a day and then just crash at the end of the week. Plus I have a weekday off, and so everyone I know is at work and busy and I sit here totally wondering where I am going to get the energy to return a few movies to the movie store and how few people I will need to be in contact with while I do it.

I think I am going to finish the dishes and go to bed. I am tired.

2 comments:

kimmyk said...

Aw. Sorry to hear you're having a pissy sort of day. I hate washing dishes when I am made to wash them. Other times I find it therapeutic to wash 'em and stare out the window.

I totally getcha on the be smiley all week long and just want to sit quietly one day and not be nice to anyone or smile. It's over rated I believe. LOL.

Enjoy your weekend girlie. It'll be alright.

Pipkin said...

And I just thought I would let you know that I am sorry you are having such a shitty time of it lately. But, hey, if it doesn't get any better, you can make some extra cash being a secret shopper (WTF? why post it 4 times?!?!)

Maybe instead of celebrating Christmas, you need to celebrate Festivus:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festivus