Tuesday, January 31, 2006

MONCHEECHEE!

Well, I am going to go see Jeff Tweedy tonight. Fairly excited about that. For those of you who don't know, Jeff Tweedy is the lead singer/songwriter of the band called Wilco. I am sure I will report as to how the show was on tomorrows post.

Started a new book. Well, actually - since I finished The Chrysalids I've read Ayn Rand's Anthem (which is an excellent book...) and have started the collosal Atlas Shrugged, also by Ayn Rand. I really question where I have been - not having read these books sooner... It's almost shameful.

Planning a trip to Tofino in March (FINALLY! Surfing!). Seeing a bunch of shows between now and then. Aquiring more CD's (bought the Talking Heads - Sand in the Vaseline album - ah yes... Burning down the house...).

I do have to recommend, even if you have heard it already - or that it is really old news (like 10 year old news...) but Stereolab's album called 'Emperor Tomato Ketchup' is fun brilliance. And some of its in french... they come to town on the 7th of March for anyone whose curious...

1 comment:

DC said...

I can think of some books that you haven't read which is somewhat shameful. But those wouldn't make the list... then again I haven't read them so I probably shouldn't comment. But since I've already started... they wouldn't make the list.