Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Purposeful Purple Purpose*

There have been some major changes afoot.

Yesterday, I enrolled for my first course at the Credit Institute of Canada. My course is called Financial Accounting. This means that I am also enrolled in the CGA program. Who knew?

Today, I plan on purchasing running shoes. This is so I can start running again. Seems that Yoga doesn't get all that aggression out. Oh, don't get me wrong, I haven't become some sort of (even more so) mega bitch, I just have a lot of pent up energy... This book I am reading, Atlas Shrugged, it gets me all riled up, so I think running, among other things, could be a good alternative to alievating that stress... besides, I need to shake things up a bit, do a little cross training.

I am going surfing in March in Tofino. It's offical. We're staying in Ucleluet (or however you spell it) in some big beach front cabin. It's rented for parties of 8 and there is only four of us, but it was so cheap that we figured what the hell? We'll be so comfortable.

Been thinking about life. What it means. What makes it important, or worth living. Who I work for, what my motivation is for success. What I own about myself. What I wish I owned about myself but haven't had the courage to face it.

I get excited about the idea of re-claiming that which I lost. I realize that I can accept the fact I let parts of my life be lost through my own lack of self confidence, or allowing others to impose their lack of confidence in me - and I realize that I can finally accept that I am the only one that can take responsibility for it. Only I can be responsible for myself and my actions. I feel like I am re-learning the language that I use to communicate. I feel less misunderstood, because I take the time to respect myself and my ideas. To let them be born and to let them live or die in debate with others, rather than in the defeatest debate inside my head.

As cliche as it may sound (but what do I care?) It feels good to be alive.


*Purple is the color of my purpose.

No comments: