Monday, February 06, 2006

WTF mate...

I went and saw Hostel this weekend. I have to say that I am utterly proud of myself for having gone, watched the whole thing (well, except one tiny little part...) and survived. In fact I think the trailer for the re-make of "The Hills Have Eyes" freaked me out more, but not by much.
I really don't know what I think of Hostel, it wasn't the greatest story line on the surface. It did, however have some sort of subtextual social commentary that was kind of interesting and it wasn't as gorey as I thought it would be, but the parts that were, well... uck. It did its job though. Freaky, disgusting, gratuitious horror.

It set the night up for some weird shit...

So, we went and saw this film. That's just weird in its own right.
Then I saw someone I knew from highschool who looks and sounds EXACTLY the same as she did then (which would have been in 1992). In fact her voice was what I heard first which made me go 'oh good god...'She didn't recognize me (or at least didn't make it seem like she did), and sat across from me on the seabus, it was just weird...

Then we had some screaming, drunken, bloated 15 year old bitch out her friend about her substance abuse over the phone on the seabus...she was walking through the seats screaming at the top of her lungs and sat right behind us. See, this is weird because the sea bus is essentially empty... From what I heard, the friend's some kind of dope fiend and she lied about it and doesn't seem to know what she is doing with her life...the 15 year old loves her though... I think that's what she said... I couldn't tell, she was too much under the influence of alcohol for me to really understand exactly what she was berating her 'under the influence of some other substance' friend about...

Got home and thought to watch some T.V., sort of ease out of the film. All we could find was some movie with Carmen Electra as herself with a group of people on an Island that had praying mantises (mantisi?) fighting, some seriously ridiculous claymation effects - I could have sworn someone I went to University with was in it... and Nick Carter shows up at the end of the movie to save everyone. And I think it was filmed at White Pine Beach. Seriously. Then I discovered that there is a series called "Tremors", after the movies I assume... which is absurd in its own right, but this episode involved a large prehistoric shrimp that ate people.

It was weird, just plain ol' weird.

1 comment:

DC said...

You'll have to tell me later who you think you saw from hs.

And I'm totally surprised that you saw Hostile...