Friday, September 15, 2006

How Fortuitous

Yes.

I come in to work, turn my computer on, check the work emails, do the check bank account - ensure pay thing and go say hi to my mother. Come back and the computer is dead. Yup dead. Parched for a disk boot system, because it failed. Press Enter. Fail to comply. Abort. Abort. Dead.

So I am using this fancy laptop that has none of the reports I need to complete before I leave, and so I am to come in on Thursday next week to finish 'the job' and then? Who knows. The world is my (very poor) oyster.

Oh! And my boss then tells me I can leave when I want then because of the computer being dead and all (no tech support until Monday), and then I find out that my book keeping package won't be in until probably 4:00pm. So I have to wait - all day, until then. With TRULY no work to do. Hey, I've always had work to do, and I do get it done, I am just too efficient, and so drag it out over long periods of time, that way I have a full days worth of work. Recommended action by my co workers. Really, I am far to efficient. And now done with the self pompous ass-ness.

Right now the radio is playing 'You spin me right 'round baby, right 'round.' Oh yes. Groovy.

3 comments:

kimmyk said...

over achiever.

jusss' kiddin.

i woulda went home...or blogged on the laptop all day and got paid. good call.

DC said...

I guess the new job means the end of the Mon-Fri blog posts?

How will we survive?

Gwynabella said...

Well, it just means later in the day Monday to Friday blog posts... AHA!