Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Walking Babble.

Good god am I tired.

But I feel pretty good. Mostly.

I walk to work everyday, sort of my tribute to the environment. Because I can conceivably walk that distance in my mind, I do it physically, however it is becoming more apparent (due to the horrendously tired body I have) that my mind travels a whole lot farther than my body likes to do. Mind you, I suppose that is a good thing, because geeze, I don't want to be limited in the mind department.

But really, I walk to work everyday. It works out to 15 blocks. That isn't really that many blocks if you think about it. However. I live in a city where blocks are long. So let me put it to you guys this way. It takes me 30 minutes to walk at a fairly brisk pace. So that is 1 hour of walking to and from work, if I choose to walk the route that I do. Some days though, and this is because I get off of work at 1:30 or 3:30 or what have you, I like to take the "scenic route". And truly? It is truly scenic, and as I walk it makes me glad to know that I am making a contribution towards my environment by walking. This scenic route includes about 50 minutes of water front strolling (also at a good pace. I don't know how to 'stroll'.). My god, its beautiful.

So with standing all day, walking about 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes (and that isn't including the 45 minutes to The Audiophiles house if I go there), I get home and I. Am. Tired. And hungry! I've started investing in organic foods (another attempt at making a contribution to the environment and community), and seriously the food tastes better. It really actually does. Between all that walking and the tasty food, I am surprised I haven't eaten myself out of house and home yet.

The job is going good. Apparently last week I did such an awesome job that I got a gift/bonus thing yesterday. Totally unexpected. And today, I was told by one of the newer employees (we've hired a lot of new folks) "Wow, you really know a lot about aromatherapy!" I was dumbfounded. I really actually do!

The customers too, are really cool. I met a Yoga instructor who made such impression that I think I have found someone I would like to study with and work towards my teacher training. Yeah, I may feel a bit down, a lot of it has to do with a sudden realization that HOLY CRAP we are a totally distructive species, and that WOW I am a major contributor. So, I am trying to make an effort.

No comments: