Sunday, May 15, 2005

Do you want to share a box of candy?

Sitting here at 4.00 am... Can't sleep. Too much going on. Having thoughts travelling. I was sad earlier. Alone inside my head. Got tired of being sad. Got tired of seeing my sadness on the blog, so I removed it. Too much honesty, I agree. The recollections that bring my rays of hope, they have saved me. Realize that life isn't going to always be easy, but you have memories that fill you with joy, love and happiness, even if happiness seems so remote. These memories... they envelope me in a blanket of silk and satin...

I enjoy these salacious thoughts, like tiny morsels of exotic candy. I sigh a deep sultry sigh. I speak in quiet tones. The timbre of my voice is the colour of amber and fire. I think of certain moments in my carefully protected box of candies, and savour them. These memories are my wonderful saving grace.

Do you ever think about those who had bestowed you with these sweet thoughts? I think on some and wonder: What is he thinking of now? What is he doing? Does he ever think of me? Does he have the same memories as I do?

When you remember something, is it like a collective subconscious - and the other person is hit with the same memory at the same time? Are you savoring a moment that you spent together, together? Does it feel the same? Or are you alone in your private viewing room of memories?

These memories are half pictures, and I long for in some circumstances to finish what was started. The canvas sits half painted, the image not quite complete. Would you ever benefit from it if you finished it? If you took the time and found the subject of your memory-picture and tried to finish the sweet decadence you started, would it satisfy the deep need? Would the end result be the fantasy that is in your head? Or are your expectations so high that you set yourself up for failure, thus the once sweet thought becomes bitter? Do you - should you take that chance?

I long to reach out and ask in a timbre of amber and fire:
Do you want share a box of candy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes amber does...lol

Gwynabella said...

I would share a box of candy with you any day baby... lol