Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I can't sleep...

My mind is whirling. I feel good. I think the wheel is in its upswing? I know that there will be dark times ahead, but I feel like I can get through them. I realized just now, surfing through the sea of pages that I have momentarily forgotten the beautiful things. I know of so many things that are beautiful to me: Peonies - such a beautiful flower; weeping willows; glassy lakes; mist and fog. The steel blue of the mountains. The Ocean...

Standing on the edge of the world, and looking out. My favourite place is a bluff between Chesterman Beach and Cox Bay on the West coast of Vancouver Island. You walk from the 'new' Wick, and make your way to the far end, past the bend, and on the the second part of Chesterman Beach. Keep walking, and you come to an end. Climb up the brokendown path and walk along until you come to a road. Walk up the road and head towards the bluff. You have to climb through the trees, and even some bush, but you arrive high above the sea. Look out, the waves swell, the sky is expansive. All you have is the sound of the water crashing against the rocks below.
Sad part is that its part of a property development (lot #1 or 2), so I may never get to go there again... I miss that place.

The Stars...
I haven't seen the stars in so long. I miss them. Watching the comets and the meteor showers reminds me how we are so small in comparison and how truly insignificant the issues are that we have. I think on how many people haven't actually seen the stars in their fullest glory. There is nothing more magical than spending time with good people and staring at the sky. Find a grassy hill out of the city, and look out to the heavens. My favourite stargazing moment is with my Uncle Ray; we drank screwdrivers and watched the skies until the wee hours of the morning. We were in a small town outside of Parksville and it was so very dark. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen so many stars...

No comments: