Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The reconnection

Do you ever wonder what someone is doing? So long ago, you would know what they were doing, you cared deeply to find out what they were doing. How are you? we would ask the someones in our lives. What have you been up to? Then for strange reasons, we stop. Do we stop caring? Do we simply forget? These people, we spent so much time nurturing, tending to and loving - we just stop? What makes us do that? Someone is irritating me, I hear, I say. Someone is being a jerk, and not caring, so why should I? I don't have the time...

I urge you all to take a moment and reconnect. Phone or e-mail that someone you have been thinking about. They are important to you, they must be or else you wouldn't be thinking about them. Sure our lives may change, and we seem different to ourselves and to others, but these people remain within our souls, because they were so important, and continue to be so. You cared once, would it be so difficult to care just a little bit more? So many of us say we are lonely, but we are lonely only because we put ourselves there. We were the ones who stopped trying.

Of course, it may not always be a positive event, someone may just not want you in their lives. But know this, it takes courage to walk forward and reach out. The act of overcoming the fear is in itself a wonderful healing tool. The fear is real, but it is only fear. Easier said than done, certainly - but once you step over that barrier of fear, the world is a bright and beautiful place.

Namaste.

2 comments:

DC said...

I think part of the problem might be the argument with yourself as to whether or not certain people might be better off without you being part of their life. I find that's the tougher decision to make, and stick with. Knife to the heart... Hope it's the right decision.

Anonymous said...

Amba
I find that I agree with DC...somewhat...I find that no matter how much I love someone, I get so wrapped up in my own drama that I forget others exist, or I think they don't want to deal with my crap so I'll leave them alone...another part of me is also always scared that when I want to re-connect, they won't want to re-connect with me....hmmm... and I ahte the phone so anyone without email or IM kinda gets left out...lmao