Thursday, August 24, 2006

In Search of the Urban Raccoons.

I don't know what the HELL is up with my post of yesterday with all that fucking TINY writing, I assure you I had fixed it at least half a dozen times and it just keeps getting smaller in various places that weren't small before. Bah.

I am eating yogurt this morning and I see on the cup thing this:

Lucerne (since - depuis 1904) Sense. 0% MF (MG)
Stirred FAT FREE Yogurt
CONTAINS ACTIVE YOGOURT CULTURES
(and the french part here)(caps are accurate)
(is that even how you spell yogurt?Yogourt? Yogerhurt?)

Whoa, back the truck up. I am sorry, did it say SENSE?

It's called Sense. SENSE. So what, sense as in 'I sense the live cultures?', 'I sense the stirred-ness?', or is it simply that it makes SENSE to eat fat free things. Because it would be NON-SENSE to eat 2% or higher. Now, certainly. There are foods out there that we shouldn't eat. There are foods that we should be eating more of. But what right does a Dairy company have to claim that Fat Free makes SENSE? Am I supposed to feel superior because I am eating SENSIBLE food? It tells me so right here! On the label! They make sense, and I eat it!

Now no one can say I don't contain any sense, because right now I am full of it. Truly.
Anyways, that was my Thursday quibble. On to more healthy... erm, sensible things.

...

I got nuthin.

6 comments:

Karin said...

Dude, not only are you full of sense, you are also cultured. Complete with active yogourt (sic)culture.

I've seen it spelt yogurt and another way that I believe was yoghurt. Oh, and my dad and Dave spell it the same way... E-W-G-R-O-S-S-G-E-T-I-T-A-W-A-Y-F-R-O-M-M-E.

I never saw the tiny letters.

Gwynabella said...

Ooh, I hear E-W-G-R..yaddidyadda is a really rare kind of yoghurt/yougurt/yuogurt/yogurt.

Aw, I am sense-ful of cultures.
*glee*

kimmyk said...

what kinna yogurt was it?

i love yogurt, but it's gotta have stuff in it like granola or whatever.

I didn't see tiny letters yesterday. Just so you know.

Gwynabella said...

Man, the tiny letters must be a manifestation of my pea brain, I swear there were tiny letters!

It was strawberry yoghurt/urt/ouert with a banana. mmm I looooove bananas.

Pipkin said...

Hey, I love yogurt, yoghurt, yogourt (however the hell you spell it). I mix 250 g vanilla yogurt with one package of low fat Jello vanilla pudding and one large can of crushed pineapple. Mix it up really well, then add about 1/2 cup of ultra low fat cool whip. I call it Pineapple Fluff.

Glenn McArthur said...

I'm sensing that you're thinking too much...but who's talking, eh?!

Oxford dictionary:

Yoghurt (also yogurt)