Monday, August 21, 2006

Sitar and Shut Up.

I purchased over the weekend two albums by Ravi Shankar and Oh my Sweet Zombie Jesus, so delish.

I didn't get that job I interviewed for a while back, and to be honest I am actually kind of relieved. I mean, no one likes to be rejected, but I am certainly not going to cry over it when I realized AFTER I had sent in my resume, that Oh. My. God - I don't want to do this! Has that ever happened, where you do something like apply for a job and then you realize that it wouldn't be anything like you thought maybe it would be and you really hope that they don't phone you? Oh, but then they do and you are all freaking out thinking SHIT what if I get this job, what the hell can I do then? Ah, well that won't be happening here, thank goodness.

Because as much as I may get down on working here, I can work on the things I want to get done better here than elsewhere. In fact, because I DIDN'T get the job, my plans are becoming less like plans and more like plausible actions.

See, with each working step towards these goals I have, the more employable I will be in them. If I for whatever reason end up not working where I do anymore, I could at least start working in the field that I want to, as I will have the training to do so.

I love part time/evening courses. They are my friends.

In other, less self absorbed news:

Less self absorbed? Whatever. The 'Phile and I are going to see Yo La Tengo in October. Got the tix on Saturday, and I am so excited. So much so I could pee.

I don't know what was up with this weekend, but there were Zombies everywhere. No, seriously. Zombies. Families of Zombies. All over the city. Why? I have no idea. I am upset though that I didn't hear about this because um, hello? I happen to spend a lot of time with the self proclaimed biggest lover of Zombies on the planet and OMG so much fun to dress up as Zombies!

And Snakes On A Plane is probably the worst best movie I have ever seen. I think it was tremendously awful. I cheered at the end.

3 comments:

Glenn McArthur said...

I can't believe Snakes on a Plane only made $15 million on the weekend...There are a lot of lame people that didn't go see it I tell ya...

kimmyk said...

i'm a chicken shit. i can't watch a spooky movie-especially one involving snakes.

errr...glad to hear you didn't get the job. [??] i hate the anxiety of all looking for a new job and then interviewing for it.

Gwynabella said...

Because of my LOVE for the Audiophile, I have seen movies in theatres I can't even believe I sat through. If you got issues with snakes though, that'd be a different experience all together.

I keep meaning to post about why all these things like not getting a job is good. I think I'll have to do that soon.

And M. WCW, I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SoaP only MADE 15 MILLION!!! WTF?