Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Stars Aren't the Only Thing That Are Blind...

In the wake of my FEAR of things unknown, I have procured a new telephone device. Sigh.
Yes, another one. The number is the same y'all, just the look is different.

The story unfolds as such.

I wanted to get a nice simple phone, nothing too freakish, obnoxious. I didn't want it to slide and play music for me and be all iPod like or what have you. I didn't really want it to be much of anything except to do the following:

Be Silent. No Vibrating. Just Silent. Of course it can totally Vibrate too. In fact? A must too. And a nice easy user function profile thingy... thing.

I was eyeballing the Nokia 3106 or 6103 or whatever the hell, with its nice rubbery surface in an understated blue, with silver accents. But see this is the deal. I share a plan with my family, all on one bill. The number I have used to be my business line, we've just never got around to changing it over.

So, because this is all under my mother's name, I can't go into the store and upgrade the phone with out here present (or via the telephone) so, she offered while she was at the mall for a hair appointment today, to pick up the phone for me. The one I have currently likes to turn off, doesn't work very well, can't hear well on it blah blah blah.

Well, they didn't have the Nokia. In fact they are like back ordered until the next century or something. So, she telephoned me at work and asked me what I would want have in lieu of the Nokia. Me? I was like whatever, I don't care. Just make sure it isn't expensive. I asked about the RAZR, having heard mixed reviews on it. Personally I like the look of it, and I am familiar with the motorola layout. So, my mother in typical impatient fashion says okay, what colour? They got all sorts.

My response was: 'Ha! Get the pink one. No, wait get the silver one. Pink's erm... yeah. Whatever, you decide. Pick a phone, pick a colour.'

My mother: 'Okay. I'll see you in a few.'

This is what I got.


...



It came with a pink faux leather Cellphone Purse.

Thanks, mom.

10 comments:

Karin said...

Suh-weet action.

Irene said...

Yah! Another person that likes Nokia. As much as I have a total hate on for flip phones, it's not a bad little phone. Too many people have RAZRs.

Gwynabella said...

I hear ya Irene. I hear ya. But oh well, it indulges that TACKY person inside. Suh-weet action indeed. Oh the gluttony.

DC said...

glad that I won't accidentally take your phone... because that happened so often in the past...

Glenn McArthur said...

I also got a nice new shiny thing yesterday...But it goes vroom...and it's not pink...Maybe I can pick you up on Sunday for Snakes on a Plane? I'll call ya...

Gwynabella said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You got it?

Pipkin said...

Aw, Theresa's going to be so jealous when I tell her.

We've been looking for the pink one on E-bay but they want more for shipping the damn thing than what the phone costs.

Gwynabella said...

Dave: You are so right. I am SO glad that our phones will never get mixed up, like before. HAR.

Pipkin (aka Auntie): Mom says to talk to her about the phones, maybe there is one out here. Would you be buying a plan too? She's all like "IT'S 400 DOLLARS!" but I only pay 120 (lol, ONLY). Anywho. Talk to Mom, she seems to know everything. At least she claims to.

Pipkin said...

Oh, I know they are expensive. They go for about $150.00 on Ebay (Canadian) plus the shipping. And then the duty and probably GST...

No, I don't need a plan. They have a plan, but Megan broke her phone (actually, the dog grabbed it of the desk and started eating it) so Theresa wanted the Razr then we could switch Megan's number over to Theresa's old phone.

Did you get all that?

Gwynabella said...

I sure did. Yeah. We should talk on MSN soon, and I'll figure out what you might be able to do... hmmm... I have some ideas.