Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Sinister Pechenkov and his lack of music taste.

Pietrovich Pechenkov to be exact.
Mwhaahaaahaaa.


...

Okay.

So, I have been having weird dreams. BUT I have ALSO been a walking DJ. I have at any given time like 3 songs in my head, all playing at once. But that isn't the issue here. I get it, I am insane. My issue is this:

How many of you out there have that song in your head, and do the grevious thing by saying out loud: "I have this song stuck in my head!"

And the people you are with say: "How does it go?"

And you stand there blinking at them: "I don't know."

Um, hello. Can you say: "FEELS LIKE A DIPSHIT?"

And it sucks because you've got the tune ROCKIN' out in yer head. You are like, feeling the vibes of the song, you've got the acoustics right (no comment on the perceived emptiness that creates such acoustics, Thankyouverymuch.), and you've got the crescendo, decrescendo, blah blah blah, all RIGHT. IT IS AS IF THE CD (OR RECORD) IS PLAYING INSIDE YOUR HEAD, and you were blessed with being equiped with an awesome set of speakers.

And then you try to sing the words (because they are there! They're there all right!) and the tune? And you end up sounding like you are yodling this:

"Blah, ballllaaaaaaaaaah, somethin' somethin' In the sk...sk...eyeeeee!!! Come on... you... youoouuuuuu.... er... blah blah blaaaaaah...." You all get it.

Right?

Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I really certifiable?

5 comments:

Karin said...

I'm usually "lucky" enough to only get songs stuck in my head that I know pretty well, but sometimes I'll only know the chorus so I'll try to keep going because I'm getting blank looks...and I wind up with the "...somethinnnnnng la la la in the skeeeyyyyyy!!!" syndrome.

That was really hard to type. I slept funny and my right baby finger and part of my right ring finger have been numb for fifteen minutes still...

Gwynabella said...

Pinched Nerve! Ouch. I hate when my digits are numb.

YAY I am not the only crazy! Woohoo!
Let's all sing together... somethinnnnnnnng lalala in the skeeeeeyyyyy!!!! LA!

DC said...

Shine on you crazy diamond - Pink Floyd?

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/pinkfloyd/shineonyoucrazydiamondiv.html

Gwynabella said...

Oooh... possibly... POSSIBLY!

Now it's in my head.

kimmyk said...

no matter what-i never get the words right and in my head that's ok. cause in my head i'm singing them correctly.