Wednesday, July 05, 2006

BACON! MAPLE SYRUP! umm...

Interesting. I google 'gwynabella' and I get results. I google 'gwynabella' pages from Canada and I get nada. I mean, I get it. But I find it funny. You know, because I am Canadian.

So (that was another thing I noticed when I googled myself. I use so a lot), I don't know about all of you folks, but damn, my eyes are dry! I wear contacts and I feel like I have had them grafted to my eyes with dirt. So I go and check. I take them out, squirt some saline on them and look squintingly at them and wonder if my eyes are creating a new invention of invisible concrete. So (again), I rub the shit out of them, desparate to get them clean and pop them back into my eyes, only to be relieved for about 10 minutes. Or so. And it isn't like I need to change them.. I don't think.

Needless to say, they are driving me nuts.

Looks like The Audiophile may get promoted as a result (I wrote reslut... nice) of a conflict between the owner and one of the managers. The manager walked out. My question is, who really wins here? I mean, the manager 'wins' because he basically put it on the owner by saying 'You aren't going to do anything about situation x? Obviously then situation x is more valuable than me, so fuck you.' Or something like that I can only imagine. So he gets that glorious feeling of 'Fuck you' by walking out. Um, but dude, you don't have a job now.

Or does the owner win? I mean, he runs his business as he sees fit, regardless if the manager gets his knickers in a twist over say, situation x. He just moves the next guy (in this case The 'Phile) up, and loses an already disenfranchised employee. So, yay? to The 'Phile on his sudden promotion.

I am watching the news right now, and they are talking about the missles that North Korea were firing. Now I am way far away from any political leagues/discussion groups, and will only have chats about such topics with people who know me and know me well (mostly because I am insane). But. What got me was as the news reports that the N. Koreans were participating in an anti-US thingy (the word was there and I totally lost it) and were 'showing cartoons with missles flying'. Cartoons with missles. Flying. Cartoons. Animation. Drawing that move. What animation of the Asian persuasion doesn't have um, something flying? I mean come on. Really. Some how this cartoon is linked with the urge to fire missles at all of the US. Right. Well, I guess they can't play airplane with their kids, either. God forbid.

There was something else on the news that made me snort. Oh! the CENSUS. Apparently we suck at returning the census form. But remember to keep your form handy folks, even if you pack it away and move!

Some how the census dude got into my building (lots of people get into my building... its a little disconcerting) and rings the bell. Normally I would ignore it, but I had this feeling that it was 'important'. So I open the door, and he was all like 'You didn't fill in your census form! You must fill it! FILL IT!' I told the guy that I filled mine out on line way before it was due. 'Well you should have gotten a print out. Where is it. I want to see it. It says here you haven't filled one out.'

Me: Dude, I filled one out. I only just moved here. The person you want doesn't live here.
Dude: Well, where did he go?
Me: How am I supposed to know? I think he even left the country or something.
Dude: Well do you know him? Can you call him and get him to fill out the form? Where is your print out?
Me: First, I don't know the guy who lived here, I am only going with what the landlord told me. and second, I already filled one out. Third, I moved after I filled it out, and I don't really know where the form is, considering I didn't expect that the census gestapo would be coming by demanding to see my papers.
Dude: Well, I might have to get you to fill out this one.
Me: Um, isn't it a federal offence to fill out more than one census form?
Dude: I just want your name.

So I gave him my name and ceremoniously shut my door. Census people are way too high strung. But then I just found out it costs something like $1100 per person who doesn't fill out a census. But this is from the same news cast as the N. Koreans airing missle launching cartoons fiasco.

And Portugal lost! BOO!

No comments: