Friday, July 21, 2006

LIFE EXPERIENCES MEME

I stole this from Cynical Dad who I found on the Teacher's blogroll. Looked like fun, he's said 'You're supposed to take the following 150-item list and bold the items you've accomplished.' And so here it is! And just like him, my comments are in italics.


01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink - I hesitate to bold this, because I could have, but don't remember because I was drunk.
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain - Hello Grouse Mountain!
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula - my elementary school principal had a pet tarantula in his office, he named it Legs because she ate one of her legs off.
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris - in 1995 on an exchange.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights - I apparently have, but I was like 10 months old.
15. Gone to a huge sports game - I was going to see a footy game in Paris, but it was sold out. Does a BC Lions or Canucks game count?
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - I helped my Grandma plant them, and I ate them does that count?
18. Touched an iceberg - Suprisingly no, considering I live in Canada.
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower - Thats how I fell asleep under the stars.
23. Gotten drunk on champagne - Oh having friends who loved to give you Champagne after your shows.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - Moons of Jupiter!
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - I think I do most things at inappropriate moments, you know, because I am socially awkward that way.
27. Had a food fight - Probably, but I am not sure. Might have been drunk.
28. Bet on a winning horse - I plan on it. Takes a few times I hear.
29. Asked out a stranger - I gave this waiter my phone number and asked him to call me. We went out on a date and I got wasted and never heard from him again. Nice.
30. Had a snowball fight - I used to live in Alberta. I have had snowball fights in August.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse - Of my heart...?
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - I make it my personal mission to be the biggest asshat dancer on the planet.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day - I adopted one for an entire 6 months!*
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment.
39. Had two hard drives for your computer - If it is where you put 2 C drives into your computer, then yes I have. One was mine and the other was the Wasbands'.
40. Visited all 50 states I haven't, but I've visited more states than provinces.
41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced - And they in turn have taken care of me.
42. Had amazing friends - HAD?! Still do thankyouverymuch.
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales - Grey Whales off of the West Coast of Vancouver Island in March of '06.
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe - I hesitate to bold this, but I guess I went to Europe and had a backpack..?
47. Taken a road-trip - Lets go to Prince RUPERT! FUN!
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach - Ucluelet, divine Ucluelet.
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them - In some of the Pubs in England you are forced to share with strangers because there isn't enough tables.
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow - Yes at Outdoor School. It was weird.
56. Alphabetized your cds - I used to work in a record store, it sort of stuck.
57. Pretended to be a superhero - I am always imaginarily saving the world.
58. Sung karaoke - I have won a karaoke contest!
59. Lounged around in bed all day - mmm, so delightful.
60. Posed nude in front of strangers - Does streaking across a concrete floor, slipping, landing on my ass and sitting there bawling infront of all my friends count as posing?
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain - I have, and it is one of my most cherished memories ever.
63. Played in the mud - My cousin and I would get grounded regularly for this.
64. Played in the rain - I live in Vancouver. That's pretty much expected here.
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business - I used to own my own Jewlery business. Still do too, I guess.
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken - Currently so far so good.
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married - February 21, 2004
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced - I still have to file, but more or less yes.
76. Gone without food for 5 days - Hello being poor in England!
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo - Three times to be exact!
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"
83. Got flowers for no reason - I was given a Peony for no reason other than the fact I like them.
84. Performed on stage - Used to be an actor!
85. Been to Las Vegas - Great story of flying to Mexico to find myself, running away scared of Mexico and having to go through Vegas enroute to Vancouver and getting stuck there for 24 hours.
86. Recorded music - I did a recording for a television show because the actors couldn't sing.
87. Eaten shark - My mom served it to me in 1987.
88. Had a one-night stand - It ended up that way because um, dude was weird.
89. Gone to Thailand - I bought a plane ticket to Thailand, but never went.
90. Bought a house - Bought a condo, but that was my house.
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently - And now I can't speak either at all
(That'd be both English and French)
95. Performed in Rocky Horror - On my lunch hour at school with my friends. I was Magenta.
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over - I moved from Norwich to London to start over. I ended up moving back to Norwich to start over, over.
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking -All the time. Usually the person looking is the driver. And its usually in awe of my butchering capabilities.
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived. Yeah.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray - No, but they told me to leave Mexico!**
110. Broken someone's heart
111. Helped an animal give birth - I was too young, so I watched.
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone - i broke my baby toe kicking a door jam, I jumped up like a manwoman because it was snowing, I was trying to be all Kung Fu like.
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced - Nipples, the left one 2 times, the right only once, and the belly button. Currently only the left nipple and the belly button are pierced.
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse - On my Uncles farm. The horses name was Aquarius.
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - No, but I flew over it.
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours - I was sick for a long time and one of the side effects of the illness was SLEEP. LOTS OF SLEEP.
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat - No, but I have eaten Alligator
127. Eaten sushi - Every day if I could afford it.
128. Had your picture in the newspaper - The North Shore News. For some 'Comment on the Street'
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about - As the Audiophile puts it: I don't really want to do that. But if it is truly important to you, I will do it for you.
130. Gone back to school - To become an actor. Now I am a bookkeeper and learning to be an accountant. Did I mention I failed Math 3 times?
131. Parasailed
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes - I have a strange family.
134. Read The Iliad and the Odyssey
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school and read - Catcher In the Rye. J.D. Salinger. Just finished it.
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions - Haven't had one yet. This years the big ONE - OH !
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - I used to live with Japanese Exchange students when I was a child.
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language - it doesn't work!
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you - Made jewelry and sold it on line, never saw the people who purchased it.
145. Had a booth at a street fair - Wasn't on a street, but it was a fair and it was outside on a giant piece of property.
146: Dyed your hair - There was a running joke for a long time where noone knew what my natural haircolour was.
147: Been a DJ - Does taking over the stereo and playing only what I want make me a DJ?
148: Shaved your head
149: Caused a car accident - Yeah, I am a real head turner! HARHAR
150: Saved someone's life

* I lived in England and when I got back for about 6 months or so I clung to my accent like a babe to her mother's teat. It was the most ridiculous accent ever.

** I actually asked 'Mother Nature' to make things jump out of the water if I was to return back home from Mexico - and sting rays started flipping and flopping out of the water. Yeah, I know. Weird.

It looks like I have 76 of them marked off which means I have 50% life experience or better known as: half a life.


EDIT!!!!!
looks like I can bold 149 - I was a little kid and was with my aunt and mom and gran, and we caused a rearender because this guy stopped to see if we all needed a ride. So I have more than Half a Life!

7 comments:

Pipkin said...

Re: Taking a Road Trip:

You probably don't remember this, but just after grandpa died, grandma, your mom, you and me got in the car one day and drove to Seattle. We didn't tell anybody. We had no clothes. Nothing. We bought everything down there, including suitcases.

Then one night, grandma and your mom decided they needed to go to the store, so they left you and me sleeping in the hotel room. It was a rainy night (of course...it's Seattle). And they were almost in an accident!

Could you imagine waking up and not finding anyone there only to learn that they had suffered a horrible death. How awful, hey?

Karin said...

Dude...91. Think about it...not literally.

Gwynabella said...

I think video games or marriage.

Karin said...

Totally the second one.

Gwynabella said...

DUDE! BOLD NUMBER 91!!!!

Chris said...

Wow. You've done a lot. Thanks for playing along.

And I love how you refer to your soon-to-be ex-husband as wasband.

Gwynabella said...

I would love to take credit for the Wasband but the lovely FLIB-ur-tee-jib-it came up with the moniker.
Yeah, I didn't realize how much I have done until this little meme. Made me feel a lot better than I have been lately.