Thursday, May 18, 2006

New Home = Oh, Christ - I have to do WHAT now?

So. It continues. I have successfully given furniture that I owned to The Audiophile, so that he can have furniture that isn't someone elses. That DOES make sense, really (he lives in a furnished apartment, but needed different, more better furniture - and I provided. Because I rule). So he got the dining room table, some end tables (I have lots of those) and a coffee table. I moved some boxes into his closet so that I have less to move on the big day.

I just got off the phone with Shaw. I have decided to try out their digital phone service. I haven't really heard anything about it, I am sure there are people who love it, and people who HATE it. But my reasoning? I hate Telus, and I want everything on one bill. Simple as that.

So, of course because I am MOVING I have to get a new friggin' number. Which is fine, 'cept this one starts with that dreaded 778 prefixareacode crap ass shite. Actually its not the number's fault it sucks, it just is *new* and *unfamiliar* even though virtually half the people I know have a 778 prefix. But still. Meh. I don't wanna play 778.

Oh, and because this place comes with an alarm, I have to find out what the carrier is - because I don't know. I felt like a tool when she asked:
'does it have an alarm?'
Me: Yup
Her: What's the carrier?
Me: Carrier?
Her: You know, the people who provide the service.
Me: Huh? Oh, you know? I don't really know.

This followed a similiar question of 'how many jacks are there in the apartment?'

...
...

I don't know.

Oh well. It should all work out in the end. May have to iron out some kinks, but it's not like I've never moved before or something. In fact... how many times in my adult life have I moved? And I mean pack up and move stuff... even for the shortest of times...

*cue flash back music*
*cue wavy flash back effect*

I moved out of my parents basement when I was 18 and moved to 'REZ' up at SFU.
From Rez, I moved to a place that was located just behind Lougheed Mall.
Then I moved to Norwich, England (I stayed at my parents house for a month before I left).
I moved from Norwich to Wells Next The Sea (yeah, they forgot the 'to').
From Wells to Norwich again but at a different location.
From Norwich part 2 to London (SOHO..sohoohoo much the pole dancing district).
From London to Norwich YET AGAIN (part 3 - great series).
From Norwich to Vancouver (hello Home!).
From my parents house to a house in Burnaby.
From the house in Burnaby to my parents new house.
From my parents house to the apartment I rented in Burnaby.
From the apartment in Burnaby to a house I rented with a friend in East Vancouver.
From East Vancouver to North Vancouver.
From North Vancouver to Burnaby (my WASBAND's place [thanks IRENE!].
From Wasband's place to the apartment I purchased with The Wasband in Coquitlam.
From Coquitlam to an apartment in North Vancouver.
From North Vancouver to another part of North Vancouver (that was Mr. Fort St. John's place...).
From North Vancouver to... gasp... MEXICO... for all of 1 day. OMG I so have to tell that story soon...
And back then from MEXICO to North Vancouver, and now...
To Vancouver I move on June 1st.

I don't know how many that is, my eyes kind of give out at around 9.

In other news:

Last night we did not end up at the Rasputin. T'was a bit of a let down since the sign said they were open until 11 and we got there at 9:30, but the kitchen was already closed. Although, we didn't really hold it against the person at the door, he basically said he would love to have us come in, but the kitchen was closed down early - it was a slow night. Fair enough. Not to say though that we weren't disappointed, we were looking forward to eating there. So, we're going to go there after I have moved.

So, we ended up at this place called The Public Lounge on Main St. I secretly kept giggling to myself because the word PUBLIC reminds me of this cover sheet that came with some financial statements at work. The accountant's name and organization is usually on this cover. Well, see - this lovely accountant didn't know how to spell very well (which happens to us all really) - but I don't think they are PUBIC ACCUNTANTS, maybe public accountants?

I kid you not. I would show it to you, but that would be a breach of company trust.

But anyway, The Public Lounge *snicker*, had on their menu 'mini burgers' which were pretty fantastic, a lamb one, a turkey one and a tuna one. So tasty. We also had wings (why not?) and those were good, they like, glazed them in maple syrup. So the food was good, since I haven't had mini burgers before and wings, well that's up there with sushi. Simple.

But the wine? OMG I think I found a new friend (sorry sangria... I still love you, its just well, your getting a little old... you know how it is. It's not you, it's me!) and the wine is called:
Mission Hill Pinot Grigio

Buy it, drink it. Eat chocolate then drink it... tastes like grapefruits *fruity!*

Music to drink by?!!!?
Bonnie "Prince" Billy Sings: Greatest Palace Music

1 comment:

Karin said...

Happy Hundredth Post!