Thursday, May 11, 2006

Will it ever end? Will I EVER GET THERE?

So, yesterday? I walked for 2.5 hours from Commercial and Broadway ALL the way down East 7th and up to West 23rd, all the way down to Cambie, and back again across Main Street back towards St. George St; up-down, up-down... all in search of an apartment that didn't look like:

A crack den
A brothel
A soontobetorndown-justwaitingforthebigone-it'scheaper shack (also known as a "CHARACTER HOME")
A garbage can and/or recycling depot

AAAAND...
I found potentially....
one.

Yup. ONE.
Hopefully this works out. I'm supposed to see it today after 7, but we all know what happened last time when they (they being the landlords of ANY place) said 'call back'... if not, go here. That is all I am going to say about it. Just keep the apartment hunting vibes coming, its EXACTLY where I want it to be, EXACTLY what I think I need and EXACTLY what I am willing to pay (this based on description... seeing it could be a whole different story).

In other news:

I have discovered that people are selling G-Mail Accounts on Ebay. That's just fucked up.

I have also discovered that I really dislike it when people WALK SLOW because of the following:
Reading while walking (and I mean literature folks, not directions) - so much that you walk at a pace that innanimate objects can beat.
Put things away in your: Purse, backpack, dufflebag, hockeybag, etc.
Weave side to side when your objective is NOT to pass.


Is it completely logical, IS IT... when you are amidst a LARGE CROWD OF PEOPLE?

And I am not talking about walking slow like 'oh I am taking my time and being zen slow' and those people usually have the good sense to not be in the middle of a crowd, they move to the side(because they are CONSIDERATE), I am talking about those who are so slow I can see time pass by in its tangible form...

What ever happened to the "pulling over" to put stuff away? What ever happened to "Just wait until you are somewhere safe to be reading?" Walk while you read?!? What is that?...
And what ever happened to being aware of the bodies around you? Are we so numb and sensory overloaded that we don't even have the natural ability to sense where people are around us anymore?

Some woman told this guy to move out of her way so she could hold on to the bar he was leaning on - UM YOU WERE SITTING DOWN, LADY, and we are like, 3 blocks away from the stop. What, you NEEDED to have that one sided chat with the disinterested busdriver whilst you 'claim' the poles on either side of the corridor - and make poor buddy franitcally grasp at any sturdy thing so he doesn't fall down... so you can be FIRST off the bus - when we ALL HAVE TO GET OFF THE BUS... and then have the odacity to WALK SLOW?!??!!!?

*pant - pant* It was a hectic bus ride this morning. And I wasn't feeling particulary Zen. I'm just tired and cranky. If you walk slow, sorry?

Music to walk fast, and not want to kill fellow man by?!!?!

Today - Galaxie 500
Especially track number 3

Parking Lot

Sitting on a subway train and
Watching all the people lose their senses
Hiding in a parking lot and
Watching all the people fall to pieces
I don't mind
I think it's fine

No comments: