Friday, June 23, 2006

And then? It became FRIDAY.

Today is Friday.
For this, I am glad.

I never went driving last night. The Audiophile and I were too wound up from our jobs and a little foul in the mood department. Nothing says 'argument' more than trying to teach someone to drive, especially when the person teaching is more likely to be blunt and very 'insensitive' (his words, not mine) and the person learning is well, too sensitive (my words, his words, everyones words, *sniff*).

So I mentioned I wore a dress yesterday. Well, I think I had about half a dozen people, STRANGERS - tell me how nice I looked. Random nevermetinmylife folks. Kinda nice, kinda like erm... what do I do with this? So thanks world :) !

But this made me think. I had come to realize that the people who were like 'What a beautiful dress, you look so pretty' were actually quite brave. I mean, I can't think how many times I had seen someone that I thought was beautiful, and I wanted to say just that 'My god, your outfit and you are stunning.' but never did because I was afraid they would think I was a psycho. And from my chattings with other folks, yeah. A compliment can be taken the wrong way. Kind of sad isn't it. Can't tell someone you think looks nice without them thinking you want to jump them, steal their clothes and their friends and their life... which is funny because I know for a fact that when we dress in the morning, certainly we dress for ourselves, but as Van Morrison said in that song I can't remember the name of but the line goes '...the girls dress up for each other...' Well, there you go. So if we do, then why do we scoff the compliments?

Then I thought further, and onto a different strain of the same thought. Yesterday I looked just about the same as I always do. I have the same hair, same make-up, same-same-same, but a dress instead of jeans. I did however, feel more beautiful, more feminine, more sensuous. Because I felt that, maybe I exuded it? Maybe that is what caught the eye of those people?

Don't get me wrong, I think I am an attractive person, generally. I look after myself as best I can with what I have, and I take pride in the fact that I have good features. But by no means am I an exotic head turner. I'm not leggy, I don't have long flowing locks, I certainly don't typify what we see on billboards or magazines (but really who does?). There are a lot of women I know personally who would be glanced at first. But I firmly believe, at least reaffirmly so, that if you feel beautiful and think of yourself as beautiful, the rest of the world will see it. And the beauty of that (pardon the pun), is by that point because YOU think you are beautiful? What anyone else thinks isn't really all that important (but don't scoff if they are sincere, unless they are psychos. But then how do you know? Oh dear...)


In other news:

My friend, hmm... what will I call her... I will call her DJ Pilsner, cos those are some of her initials (she's got lots) and she likes Pilsner, we like Pilsner together. Well, she telephoned me this AM to let me know she got offered a new job, working as an accountant clerk for a construction Company. So hats off to her for that! Tonight, we celebrate like fiends. Should be good. The 'Phile, DJP and her other half (we'll call him Aquaphytophile, cos thats what he loves: Water and Plants.) and myself will be up to some sort of no goodness.

I had dins with JY on Wednesday evening, that was awesome. I hadn't seen him in the better part of a year. Thai food, lots of giggles and boy, he sure loves the ultimate. So awesome to see people passionate about stuff. Maybe I should call him Ultiphile. Yeah. Ultiphile. DC can be Mr. Frisbee. And Ambs I will call The Student, until she graduates, then The Horiculturalist. I chatted with her on Wednesday night too, and I am glad to hear and see that she is sooo much happier and sooo much healthier too. Big Ass Hug to The Student.

In fact? Big ass hug to just about everyone. It's Friday people, and it is bloody gorgeous outside.

I am still reeling from that Calexico experience (that's what it was folks. Not a show, but an experience.) - and am going through Calexico withdrawal, AND live music withdrawal in general. I am also going through Mr. Fort St. John (3rd party to the Awkwerd 'Bot) withdrawal, but apparently he is now Mr. Grande Prairie, and is going to see Wilco in E-Town, which both The 'Phile and I are um, not too pleased with. Since, you know, Wilco is one of the greatest bands ever.

Actually I don't think there is really a number 1 band or group or performer or whatever, right now. All of them. ALL OF THEM. So good. Argh.

Music to be confused about number oneness?

erm...

...


Oh Oh! Bonnie Prince Billy - I See a Darkness.
Beautiful.

5 comments:

DC said...

I think that you've got the majority of the beautiful thing correct.

I'll be collecting that big hug by the way, with interest...

Shouldn't he be the Hydroponiphile?

Anonymous said...

hug
the student....

Anonymous said...

PS I just worked twelve hours at a GYNO convention.....ew
Student

Gwynabella said...

So, what did you have to do at said GYNO convention? I hope not what I am thinking...

Gwynabella said...

And senor DC,
Hydroponiphile is certainly more appropriate. I therefore christen that friend as such:
Hydroponiphile.

This is funnier than you or I can possibly imagine. Because I understand the limits of both of our imaginations.
XD