Monday, June 19, 2006

Speechless II


My dad is the coolest ever. This is what he got me for my birthday. A 300 piece multi purpose tool kit. I now own more drill bits and allen keys than I think I have ever in my entire life.

Cripes it comes with a hammer and a saw.

And a tape measure.

And he was worried it was a dorky gift. OMG. He gave it to me so that I could be self sufficient in my repairs on my car or around the house. I know that some people would think that this kind of gift is a strange one and that a more appropriate gift would perhaps be money or some sort of bauble be it a bracelet or earrings or maybe a BCAA membership (then who would need to learn how to fix their car?).

But this is my dad's way of trying to say 'here are the tools to help you gain your freedom.'

He's so wonderful. Thank you dad, it isn't dorky. It's perfect.

1 comment:

Karin said...

That's so cool. I have a little mini tool kit I got for signing up for a credit card. It was either that or some dinky (I just wrote kinky...what's that say about me? [and when I tried to rewrite kinky, I wrote kind...]) bauble. Yours is skookum.