Friday, June 02, 2006

Feeling the Groove... of being old?

I just stood in line at Subway with these tiny 15 year old girls who are down from Kamloops to do their track and field finals. I did that exact same thing? Ten years ago. Groan.

I went to Safeway in my neigbourhood. This Safeway that is in my neigbourhood? Is in Shaughnessy. It is the nicest Safeway I have ever seen. I feel like I need a membership to go shop there. Maybe I do, that would explain why the cashier was giving me the once over. That, or it could be because I wasn't sporting a Pucci purse and a Juicy Couture Velour track suit. Oh, and limited edition Pumas. Oh, and I am not anorexic. Or small built in that way, I am sure many girls who are thin are not anorexic, they have fast metabolisms. Or they are addicted to methanphetamines. But I am only speculating.

In other news:

OMG I love my new place. I still have to unpack the kitchen and the bathroom (I stayed the night again at The 'Philes place after much deliberation and the realization that we can't then see each other for at least a few days before we kill each other [hey, just because we didn't argue the entire time we moved doesn't mean we didn't want to throttle each other...]).

I am going to IKEA today. I will see how that goes.

My place is haunted.
Oh.

1 comment:

Karin said...

I love your place. I'm jealous. And it spawned a twenty minute discussion between Dave and I about housing situations in the future. :)