Thursday, June 01, 2006

DUMP DATE

not date, dump.

BTW: Dave, I wasn't sure! OMG. So of course I remind myself though out the day and then totally blank on it. I now figure though that since we've known each other for all of what, 15 years - if I didn't hear from you, it was cool - and you didn't hear from me so that was cool too. I dunno if that made any sense... my synapeses have taken a leave of absense. AB SENSE... ARHARHARHAR.

So, anyway...

Mom, me and The 'Phile, we go off into the U-Haul place. Get the U-Haul. Dude's like yeah the guy who had your van just before tried to steal it.

That is just the beginning of some strange events of the Moving of Gwynabella (soon to be a feature length documentary... look for us at Cannes.).

So, we get the van to the old place. Fill mom's van with stuff I want to keep, but don't think I have the room for. She leaves.

We fill up the van with furniture that I want to donate. Or at least try to donate. We go to The Sally and well, I guess you can't be charitable after 4:30pm. It was 7:30pm. I am nearly in tears. I can't leave it somewhere because I don't want a ticket (oh, folks that is such a clue. SUCH A CLUE!!!). It's not the greatest stuff, but surely...

So, it was decided. We go to the Dump.

And man, throwing furniture? What a rush.

We go back, and move furniture. Down the stairs. We decided it was far too much to move all the way down the long hall to the elevator - in fact - 3 flights of stairs was less stressful.

We moved. And Moved. AND MOVED.

There was only two of us. A weeny music aficionado and a super high strung yoga practitioner.

I tell you what, practicing Yoga really prepped me for the contortionistic moves I needed to pull moving stuff. And it was STUFFY and STICKY and ugh. It was like a Bikrams class from hell. At 12:30am we finished. Sort of. I tell you, if I didn't have a car to shove stuff in... OMG.
I decide in my infinite wisdom that I will get up early and go to the old apartment and finish up.

The 'Phile and I are basically cross-eyed. I am missing parts of my fingers, he's got dents in his shins, we both have locking joints... we were a couple of wrecks. Amazing though? We didn't argue once. Really. And I cried only once. And that was at the beginning because it seemed endless.

So continues on the journey of moving.

3 comments:

DC said...

Did you start the move stuff on Tuesday night? Just trying to make sense of the timelines.

You're right it's been about 15 years, we should make up a day, and celebrate a 15 year anniversary.

And this should go without saying, but... if you want help just give me a call and ask ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know Dave, but I never want to seem like I take advantage of you... ;-P
and the move started Tuesday, and how does Next weekend sound?
June 10th?

Or super random day picked we just celebrate on that weekend...
and super lazy anon post by Gwynabella...

DC said...

I only wish you would take advantage or m---y new cell phone to get a hold of me...

I haven't figured out what's going on that weekend yet, there's an Ultimate tournament that I *should* help out with, but don't really want to. At the same time I don't really trust anyone else to do it... But I'd be at UBC if I was helping with the tourney, so we could arrange a beach visit, or something for sure. Otherwise I'm open to ideas.

We might want to pick an arbitrary date that's not so close to your birthday, just so we have our excuses to celebrate distributed more evenly throughout the year ;-)