Monday, June 05, 2006

WHOOOHOOO!!!?

Whew.

Almost done.

Finished unpacking over the weekend. Went to IKEA on Friday afternoon and got a few things for the house. I originally was going to get a bunch of stuff like pots and pans, dishes, knives, you know normal stuff. I actually reconsidered my choices and settled with purchasing furniture. I got myself a nice chair and coffee table, a bamboo mat rug thing for the living room floor, a plant stand that I ingeniously changed into a bedside table and a round glass disc to put candles on. Oh and some lightbulbs.

I ended up being picked up by The Teacher and DC and taken to Lougheed Mall where I spent more money. I bought this beautiful flannel duvet cover set and the most FANTABULOUS dish set. My God. I am very poor now.

I get very excited over dishes. Especially nice ones, and nice ones that I purchase on my own accord. It's due to a certain dyfunctional family and their psychotic notion of outfitting an entire kitchen that is not theirs and an attachment to dishes that I simply do not like and yet had to use or else I would be harrassed and emotionally blackmailed until I conceeded. Really? I just left after awhile.

So DC and The Teach came to my place and we built furniture and chatted, it was nice. It's been awhile and I hope that this will change and become more of a regular thing - that being the coming over (not necessarily to build furniture) and chat. And they loooved my place. Or at least they said they did.

Saturday I spent the entire day washing all of the dishes I own (including the 16 pieces I just bought the day before) while the cable guy installed my new phone, internet service and cable T.V. There are a lot of cables behind my tellie which has inspired me to purchase a plant so I can hide them all. Don't ask how that will work, it works in my brain and that is all that matters.

In other news:

Bright Eyes was an awesome show. He is pretty damn good live. He played some songs I knew, some I didn't but what really got me was the crowd. Holy can you say wanna dress like the 80's bad. Whoa. As The Audiophile puts it "I don't care about nuthin' and so I put a lot of effort into dressing so I look like I don't care about nuthin'." You can't really pull off disenfranchised when the majority of your outfit is from Old Navy and American Eagle. Really. Oh and the Lululemon sweater really really doesn't help.

The opening act to the show left me a little bored, but it was still pretty cool.

Not really more to report on, the chaos is almost done. I've got my exam on Friday at UBC and after that I just need to learn how to drive. DC and I had a chuckle about that. I have a car, but I can't even drive the damn thing. Soon though.

5 comments:

DC said...

What time on Friday are you going to be at UBC? Maybe we could do lunch or something...

Gwynabella said...

Ah, late like 6:30pm... you know I could just MSN you and tell you this... in fact? I think I will right now... *clicky*

Karin said...

Hooray for dishes you like! I like them too. Can I live with you and share your dishes and your apartment and your furniture and...

Ok, this is becoming a little too SWF for me. :) As much as I love ya, I don't wanna be ya. (And both the Audiophile and DC breathe a sigh of relief.)

Anonymous said...

Come on, you old one's were the finest in Camping dining wear...lmao

Gwynabella said...

LMAO... THAT is the best discription I have EVER heard for those shitty f*cking dishes...
Priceless.
Too bad they weren't.

I tried to break so many of those...