Monday, June 12, 2006

Throw it in reverse.

So, now that I don't have all this crap going on like moving and studying, I have no idea what to do with my time. It's really sad actually. I wake up all in a panic thinking "Oh sweet Jesus, what have I totally forgotten about?" realizing of course that I haven't forgotten anything and I actually can relax for a few minutes before the next wave of insanity is due to hit:

"OMG! I need to hand wash all of my clothes. Why? Because! I am not comfortable going downstairs into the laundry room! Why? I don't know. It bothers me. So I have to wash my clothes by hand. Plus it's cheaper. What do you mean, manufacture? I am not manufacturing things to stress about! OMG, I have to remember to..." And so on.

That was an actual conversation that I had with The Audiophile yesterday about the very fact I washed my clothes by hand because yes, I am afraid of the laundry room. What? You would be too if yours was in the bowels of some 80 year old building where there are two washers and two dryers just perched inside this GIANT room filled with bikes. It's weird folks. Just plain ol' weird.

So, since I have *nothing* to stress about, I went driving yesterday. Didn't you notice? The world held its breath, waiting for me to push in the clutch and the break and start... start the car. And I did! I did it! I took it off the emerg brake, put it in gear and...

(Did not) Stall. That's right. In fact The 'Phile was so impressed with my shifting/clutch capabilities he admitted that I did that part better than him when he first drove my little car.

Needless to say, I got flustered and then stalled the car about oh, half a dozen times.

But in the end, I had done way more in terms of a lesson that I had originally wanted to and The 'Phile was way less frustrated than he figured he was going to be.

Take me for a drive, Gwynabella.

4 comments:

DC said...

Don't know if you want to stoop to my level... but you're welcome to try out my Vibe at some point if you feel up to it.

DC said...

I'm thinking that some self-defense courses might be a good way to fill the time. Both gives you something to do, and might help with the laundry.

Gwynabella said...

Holy crap I didn't even think of that, or that.

DC said...

Makes me glad I suggested them then.