Thursday, June 15, 2006

Stop signs mean stop. Not stall.

I suck at driving. I deserve the L for life. To stand for Loser.

Generally, it was a sucky ass driving experience. I learned a few things but I was just so tired. But whatever, I can't let my frustration get to me so much that I want to quit. I can't allow that to keep happening.

The Audiophile and I have agreed that we need a holiday. Not a running around waiting for other people, too many other people, dealing with other people - type of holiday, but an honest to goodness get away for 2. Somewhere quiet. Somewhere just really nice. And not too expensive. Free is good. I could do free.

Yup, we are both just totally burnt out from life right now. He pointed out that in the last 3 months someone was moving. It's been like the never ending moving months. And then there are everyday general stresses: Work, school, money issues, trying to feel like its all for something. Thank god for good company, thats for sure. I think I would go just about mental if the company was trying.

So my cable and all that shit got fixed yesterday. Dude called me just as I was leaving work at 4:15pm - 'Hey, your appointment is at 5:15 right?'

Me: Yes, is everything still in order?
Dude: Well yeah, but I am thinking I will come by at 4:30pm
Me: Huh? I am in Burnaby, and just left work. I won't be home until 5. That's why I made the appointment for 5.15pm.
Dude: Oh, okay. No worries. I will see you at 5pm
Me: Okay, or closer to 5:15pm.
Dude: Okay. See you at 5pm
Me: Sure, Whaev.

He was 45 minutes late.

Turns out, the pin in the 'TV room' had 'slipped out'. Well, I can only see that happening if:

a) some jackass in the building went in to steal cable (it's been known to happen) and didn't know what the fuck he was doing and killed my cable signal.

b) some jackass who works for the cable company knocked it with his wrench when he was trying to install some other shit in another apartment.

c) and the most likely senario: The ghosts in the building were like: Tee Hee! *YOINK*


In other News:

I got accosted by a fox on the way to work today, who got down on one knee and presented to me a can of Dr. Pepper like he was giving his queen some rare gem. What? I figure that was his motivation. You know, because I am so queen like. And I like rare gems.

The Teacher is sick AGAIN! I'm telling you, that is what you get for working with little germ factories (also known as jam hands). It's serious chemical warfare that these beings unleash on unsuspecting immune systems of the ruling regime in attempts to over throw it. The cuteness? It's a front. I am serious. I cringe when babies sneeze.

Looks like I will be taken out to the Ball Steak... er... I mean Keg for dinner on Friday. I am posting this purely to 'put it on' the person who so wonderfully suggested that.
That would be you DC.

I figure I know why I am so bloody Blueblah. My stupid thyroid's decided to go on a holiday without notifying me and is fucking up all of my hormones and cellular production and metabolism and my blood pressure... I am seeing a Doctor on Friday to get that fixed. Bonus though. At least this time around I understand where the hell my split personality is coming from, and can at least attempt to rationalize utterly irrational behaviour. And explain it to people whom I love so they don't think I've just gone nuts. Or more nuts than usual.

But even though I feel blueblah, I have this immense sense of well being. Sort of like I am happy.

Wait a minute.

1 comment:

DC said...

I fulfilled my end of the bargain, although you didn't have the baseball steak... or a glass of wine for that matter...